Guava leaves can do miracles when it comes to promoting hair growth. They are considered to be one of those natural thickening ingredients which promote hair growth? Hair loss takes places due to unhealthy scalp conditions and as guava leaves are rich in anti- inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties they are perfect for maintaining a healthy scalp. Guava leaves are also used in many hair products to treat dandruff. Here are some great things that guava leaf extract can do for you hair:
- Prevent hair loss: To decrease hair loss you should wash your hair regularly using guava leaves’ water, as the vitamin C present in these leaves nourishes the roots of your hair and makes them stronger.
- Treat dandruff: Dandruff occurs due to dry and itchy scalp and guava leaves goes deep within your scalp and nourishes the skin and finish dandruff at the roots.
- Treat split ends: To treat split ends make a pack of guava leaves by grinding the leaves and adding a teaspoon of honey to the paste. Apply the pack to your hair from root to tip and wash it with lukewarm water for about 20 minutes.
- Protection from the sun: Lycopene, which is an important guava leaf ingredient, protects your hair from the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
- Cleanses and purifies: Guava leaf extract is also capable of removing dirt and grime build-up from your hair or hair follicles. The result you get is hair, which are shiny, smooth and soft.
- Improves blood circulation: When you massage the guava leaves solution into your scalp it increases the blood circulation in that area. This intensely nourishes hair follicles and makes your hair healthier.
Apart from stopping hair fall and stimulating new hair growth, guava leaves have a number of medicinal properties that help calm and control numerous ailments.